What exactly is RapidNet?
RapidNet is a high performance, pre-terminated system that utilizes a proprietary bundled cable cut to customer specified lengths. Combined with our patented cassettes, which protect the terminations, installation is a snap - literally. The cassettes snap easily into the RapidNet modular panel which fits into a standard 19" rack. RapidNet, manufactured in a stringent, quality controlled environment, arrives pre-labeled and pre-tested which contributes to higher quality and lower installation times. Because it can be installed so quickly and carries a high degree of performance and reliability, RapidNet is the ideal solution for mission critical data centers, temporary networks, and disaster recovery planning.
Reduces Installation Time by 85%
RapidNet is a pre-terminated "plug and play" system which does not require on-site termination and substantially reduces onsite testing. This dramatically reduces installation time - proven reductions over 85%.
- Minimizes downtime and disruption to customer's business
- In-house cabling additions are quick and easy
- Accommodates strict access and deadline pressures
- Allows project deadlines to be met with a smaller staff
Rapid Net is a high quality, high performance solution. Category 6 RapidNet is the ideal solution for Ethernet applications. RapidNet Fiber is an excellent solution for extremely high bandwidth needs or extended distances.
- Copper Solution
- Tested up to 500 MHz by third party laboratory (ETL)
- Positive PSACR over 350 MHz
Copper and Fiber Modularity
RapidNet's universal design allows for both copper and fiber cassettes to be used within the same modular panel. Each modular panel can hold up to 4 cassettes [fiber or copper].
- Copper Solution
- 6-port links
- 24 ports in 1 U
- Available in cassette to cassette and jacks to cassette configurations.
- Made to order in lengths from 50'-295'
- Fiber Solution
- 12 - fiber links (LC small form factor connectors)
- 48 fibers in 1 U
- Available in 62.5/125 µm, 50/125 µm, and 50/125 µm 10 Gig laser optimized multimode OFNP fiber
- Made to order in lengths up to 1000'
Factory Terminated and Tested
Even though the installation will be completed in record time, quality and performance is never compromised. Each individual link is terminated and tested by HellermannTyton before being delivered to the site. Permanent link test result summary for copper and insertion loss test results for fiber per TIA-568B standards are supplied with each assembly.
RapidNet is ideal for cabling environments with raised floor, overhead cable trays or surface raceway systems, however, there are many unique applications that can benefit from RapidNet.
- Internet Data Centers
- Central Offices
- Enterprise Data Centers
- Disaster Recovery
- Temporary Networks